Friday, June 29, 2007

As The Rain..

There comes a time when someone tries to make abundantly clear how unnecessary another is to them. And then the interest trails off.

Friday. One of the best days ever invented. Its more to do with it's strategic placement, a pre cursor to every weekend. And thus, we are happy. Thursday was a good long conclusion to the last two weeks and other drizzle. It's been raining since last morning and after 30 plus hours, the same weather that was eagerly awaited has become literal pain.

What has made this day confident after last night's something is American Beauty. A movie that can range from shocking to ironically sublime while simply describing a malfunctioned family. Brilliant. And despite not being a suspense thriller kind of a flick, it manages to capture thought, interlude after interlude. And then there are those moments that flicker from genius to 'made within constraint' to outright class and never making the story (which may come across as a tad bit superficial) seem even a bit OTT. Then the following sequence which is a killer amalgamation of perfect thoughts -

RF : I was filming this dead bird.
Angela :: Why?
RF: Because it's beautiful.

or maybe,

"It was one of those days when it's a minute away from snowing and there's this electricity in the air, you can almost hear it. And this bag was, like, dancing with me. Like a little kid begging me to play with it. For fifteen minutes. And that's the day I knew there was this entire life behind things, and... this incredibly benevolent force, that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid, ever. Video's a poor excuse, I know. But it helps me remember... and I need to remember... Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in. "

These are truely genius moments captured so well on camera. But again, whats set apart is set apart.
But then, this is one of those rare occasions when I like a movie which is genuinely enjoyed by everyone. Unlike movies like Forrest Gump (a sad gay flick), The Godfather - both I and II (kill me, yes), The Matrix (outright dumbness) etc.



Found this random picture on of my CDs. Struck me as 'worth it'. It's fascinating how the picture was there with me all these years and I never really paid attention, much. And now it seems like a metaphor for many a days spend. North East was unusual fun.

Its lovely how the Sun sets on the river, surrounded by the trees.

Enough of time pass now on this computer, time to go live a bit.

No comments: