Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Wasted Reprise

Now, just switched off tOOl in the middle of No Quarter. Now before you go, 'have you heard the LZ original', get lost or in case you think what I did was blasphemy, well, then never mind. But the fact is that human psyche is such that even the best of the best seem repulsive under certain situations. And no quarter was never and could never be a 'daytime rain song'. What sounds better is my roommate's ring tone blaring the tune to "ajeeb dastan hai yeh...kahan shuru kahan khatam..."

The hostel, despite its barren look and an almost ignored look on Google earth, has this rustic charm (as wrote before) and which makes it more comfortable than the college quad or anywhere else. The quad is a nice short form, albeit a shade gay, yet somehow so not what it sounds like. Heck, it is not even four sided.

Anyhow. Bombay Rain is good. It can either veer one from laziness to random movement or with tea included, can just take away the jovial spirit to downright sleep.
Its an odd life, I admit yet encompassed within conversations that hardly would make sense a few years down this road. NMIMS. The anthem shall be uploaded as soon as I can find the .mp3 file or the courage to upload it, whichever comes first. Its the college 'Disney like' theme song. The seniors who wrote and composed must have been smoking some real potent stuff. I wonder how they decided to stick proudly to it. Akin to YRF's Jhoom Barabar Jhoom. Disaster. It pays to walk out during the interval. I am two visits old to Marine Drive already and despite those many old times in Bombay, the rains ones are forever extra-isspecial. The last one with Rohit, we managed almost 7 KMs on foot. For food at Bagdhadi. I hate upset stomachs. What is fun and probably the most enjoyable part of these days - The walk down to Juhu Beach or at least Cooper Hospital even if it maybe raining, just to catch coffee or tea, be it 3 or 4 AM. Sharadh has so far been a decent constant in most.

I've also realized I've myself become cheerful since arrival, way more conversation than ever, a fall-out of quietness over the one month Europe jinx. Or not. I miss Amsterdam.

Another thing I quite do well every 3 days to say in the least is take a look at all old diary writings, Delhi pictures, retrospect, and everything else. I forget the people before the cities which are forgotten 34 days before I completely go Amnesiac over the past weather. I shall miss the winters and 'I know whom'.

The classes are fun, except for this chap who talks more than required. I don't deny him his curiosity but there shall be a day, hath he continue such, when I will take my NMIMS I Card and pulsate him to death, a neck so blue...so weary... The red light area outside NMIMS post midnight is another tale, were it not for the Hijras.. That's about it.

As Mr. Bhole said in a lecture "Straight Lines Cannot Be Exact." Holy Fuck, I would have never known.

There are some bad and some really horrid lecturers we got. Making do with them is an effort and I have never resisted so little the want to doze off in supreme force. It's not so interesting and even worse than Pratibha Patil being elected President and Supreme Commander Of The National Forces. Disgrace. She is half baked herself and will not withstand a push. As Suhel Seth said in yesterday's Asian Age "I now wish Sonia Gandhi had not been so pseudo-righteous and taken up the PM mantle, we may just have had MMS as the President."
It sucks even more to see a country's Vice President sigh up independent candidature for a higher post, being unwanted must sting these politicos big time. Grow up, you 70 year old plus monkeys.





This was taken by Sharadh at Churhcgate station, as drizzle began and staring at the background, disarmingly in awe of the BSE structure. It stays till he decided it becomes a copyright issue. But the quaint look of it is pretty as it comes.
Till I write again, As another vague teacher said the other day "To learn how to read, you should know how to write". Yeah, to listen to music, you should first start learning an instrument. Otherwise, fuck knows.
Till a few more days and an eagerly awaited music show at Razz tomorrow, die.

No comments: